Do’s and Don’ts of Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling
Over the years, bathroom and kitchen remodeling in Sacramento, CA have become incredibly popular. These are the two areas in the home which can provide you with years of pleasure and comfort. While the remodeling process can be quite overwhelming and confusing, choosing a reputable professional who can help you plan the best design will ensure you the best results.
The following list of do’s and don’ts can help you get started towards the process of creating your dream bathroom and kitchen:
• Don’t Do It Yourself: Bathroom and kitchen remodeling in Sacramento, CA can be very challenging, especially if you do not have the proper experience and skills for the job. A professional who specializes in the job will need to figure out logistics, suggest quality materials, and make it functional and cost-efficient in order to reflect your taste, style, and personality.
• Do Spend on Quality Cabinets: This is one of the most common mistakes of homeowners. Use your space wisely. You do not need to confuse the cabinet price with performance. Invest your money into where it counts, and cabinets can be extremely useful in the kitchen as well as in your bathroom. They should be well built so you can get the most use out of them.
• Don’t Overcrowd: The last thing you want to do is have little space in an area that you spend most of your time in. Walking into the bathroom and the door bangs the toilet, your knees rub on the bathtub, and the door grazes the vanity. Or your kids fight near the fridge and your husband is bumping into you while trying to settle the fighting and making dessert. Instead, take the time to make space in between each fixture and remember, less is more.
• Do Think About Resale Value: While you might be content with your home, its location, neighbors, and its surroundings, it is important to not get too comfortable. After some time, you may feel the need for a change. One of these changes could mean leaving and finding a new place. In this case, if you decide to sell your home, you would want to make renovations in order to get new tenants. In doing so, it is recommended to stick with basic projects. Think about what others might like in a kitchen or in a bathroom. That way, you can get the best buck out of your investment.
• Don’t Overspend: Before you begin the project, it is important that you set a budget and include room for any additional charges. That way, you can be productive and figure out what you want within the span of that budget. If you want more than you can have, then it is best to make a conscious decision to pick one over the other, based on your necessities. Otherwise, it can simply be added down the road.
• Do Make the Area Safe: Bathroom’s and Kitchen’s are risky places because there are water and slick surfaces. In bathroom’s, the floors, showers, and bathtubs should have slip-resistant finishes. You can even add rubber mats or stick-on strips. In kitchen’s, it is best to choose rounded countertop edges and corners over the sharp-edged ones.
With these do’s and don’ts of bathroom and kitchen remodeling in mind, you are now more equipped to start your project. If you are looking for a specialist in bathroom and kitchen remodeling in Sacramento, CA, then you have come to the right place. J.P. Gallagher Construction has over 23 years of experience in the remodeling field. For more information, call them at 916-722-0623.